PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT AND USE
We collect Personal Information about you from:
- You - When you visit the Site, we collect certain information based on your inputs and behavior.
- Account Information – You do not have to create an account to visit or use our Site, including when you make an online purchase. However, to access certain services on our Site (such as our subscription service), you will be required to create an account and provide personal information such as your [name, email address, address, phone number, as well as a username and password that you create]. We use Account Information to create and administer your online account. We strongly recommend that you do not disclose your password to anyone. We will never ask you for your password in any unsolicited communication (such as letters, phone calls or email messages). If you become aware of any unauthorized access to or use of your account, you are required to notify us immediately.
- Order Data – when you make a purchase or attempt to make a purchase through the Site, we collect certain information from you, including your name, billing address, shipping address, payment information (including credit card numbers), email address, and phone number. We use the Order Data that we collect generally to fulfill any orders placed through the Site (including processing your payment information, arranging for shipping, and providing you with invoices and/or order confirmations). If you have purchased a subscription from us, we will save certain of your Order Data to fulfill and ship your orders. Additionally, we use this Order Data to:
- - Communicate with you about your order; and
- - Screen our orders for potential risk or fraud.
- Email Marketing -- When in line with the preferences you have shared with us, provide you with information or advertising relating to our products or services.You can unsubscribe from email marketing communications at any time by clicking the “unsubscribe” link included at the bottom of each email. Alternatively, you can opt-out of receiving email marketing communications by contacting us at the contact information provided in the “Contact Us” section below. Please note that you may continue to receive transactional or account-related communications from us.
- Customer Service Contact Information – when you contact us with a comment, question or complaint through email, text message, telephone, or the contact us form on Site, you may be asked for information that identifies you, such as your first and last name, address and a telephone number, along with additional information we need to help us promptly answer your question or respond to your comment. We may retain this information to assist you in the future and to improve our customer service and products.
- Employment Information- In connection with a job application or related inquiry, you may provide us with certain personal information about yourself (such as that contained in a resume, cover letter, or similar employment-related materials). We use this information for the purpose of processing and responding to your application for current and future career opportunities.
- Contests and Promotions- If you enter a contest or participate in a promotion, we may collect your name, address, email address, phone number, and any additional information or content required for the contest or promotion, including to deliver a prize to you, or that you otherwise provide, including your social media handle, profile picture and public posts or comments you make about our contest on social media networks. We use this information to administer the contest or promotion. As part of a contest or promotion, we may also share or otherwise publish the content you submit.
- Device Information – we will automatically collection information about your device, including your web browser type, operating system, IP address, time zone, and some of the cookies that are installed on your device. Additionally, as you browse the Site, we collect information about the individual web pages or products that you view, what websites or search terms referred you to the Site, and information about how you interact with the Site. We refer to this automatically-collected information as “Device Information”. We use the Device Information that we collect to help us screen for potential risk and fraud (in particular, your IP address), and more generally to improve, understand and optimize our Site (for example, by generating analytics about how our customers browse and interact with the Site, and to assess the success of our marketing
- Third Parties - We collect Personal Information from third parties and affiliates that will share your information with us and leverage Cookies.
The Site is not intended for individuals under the age of majority. We do not knowingly collect personal information online from visitors in this age group. If we learn that we have collected any such personal information in violation of applicable law, we will promptly take steps to delete such information and terminate the account for such individuals.
SHARING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
Service Providers: We share your Personal Information with third parties (including affiliates) who provide services on our behalf for the purposes as described above. We use service providers to provide services such as hosting the Site, processing payments, providing shipping services, verifying information, sending emails, and providing advertising, analytics, research and marketing services. Our service providers are only provided with the information they need to perform their designated functions and are not authorized to use or disclose personal information for their own marketing or other purposes. Our service providers may be located in the U.S., Canada or other foreign jurisdictions. For example, we use Shopify to power our online store.
Legal and Compliance: We and our service providers may also share your Personal Information to comply with applicable laws and regulations, to respond to a subpoena, search warrant or other lawful request for information we receive, to otherwise protect our rights, or as otherwise may be required or permitted by applicable Canadian, U.S. or other law or legal process, which may include lawful access by US or foreign courts, law enforcement or other government authorities.
Sale of Business: We may transfer any information we have about you as an asset in connection with a proposed or completed merger, acquisition or sale (including transfers made as part of insolvency or bankruptcy proceedings) involving all or part of or as part of a corporate reorganization or other change in corporate control.
We may also share information with other third parties where authorized by you.
WEBSITE INFORMATION, COOKIES AND OTHER TECHNOLOGIES
A cookie is a small data file that our Site can send to your web browser to allow us to recognize you as a user when you return to the Site using the same computer and web browser, either for the duration of your visit (using a ‘session cookie’) or for repeat visits (a ‘persistent cookie’).Other similar files such as clear GIFs, web beacons and pixel tags work in the same way and we use the word ‘cookie’ in this policy to refer to all files that collect information in this way.
Strictly necessary cookies. These are cookies that are required for the operation of our Site. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of our Site.
Analytical cookies. We may use a third party such as Google Analytics to help us gather and analyze information about the areas visited on the Site (such as the pages most read, time spent, search terms and other engagement data) in order to evaluate and improve the user experience and the Site. For more information about Google Analytics, see https://policies.google.com/technologies/partner-sites?hl=en-US and to opt-out of using the Google Analytics opt-out browser add-on: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout (https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout)
Functionality cookies. These are used to recognize you when you return to our Site and to embed functionality from third party services. This enables us to personalize our content for you, greet you by name, remember your preferences (for example, your choice of language or region) and to integrate useful services provided by third party providers into our Site e.g. maps and social media features.
Advertising cookies. These cookies record your visit to our Site, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. We will use this information to make the advertising displayed to you more relevant to your interests. We may also share this information with third parties for this purpose.Please see “Interest-Based Behavioural Advertising” below for more information with respect to our use of advertising cookies.
Important Notes About your Opt-Out:
- If you opt-out of interest-based advertising by a third party, these tracking technologies may still collect data for other purposes including analytics and you will still see ads from us across the Internet, but the ads will not be targeted based on behavioural information about you and may therefore be less relevant to you and your interests.
- If you delete or clear your browser’s cookies, you will need to opt-out again.
We may offer you the opportunity to engage with our content on or through third-party social networking websites, plug-ins and applications. When you engage with our content on or through third-party social networking websites, plug-ins and applications, you may allow us to have access to certain information associated with your social media account (e.g., name, username, email address, profile picture, gender) to deliver the content or as part of the operation of the website, plug-in or application. When you provide information from your social media account, we may use this information to personalize your experience on the Site and on the third-party social networking websites, plug-ins and applications, and to provide you with other products or services you may request.
DO NOT TRACK
Please note that we do not alter our Site’s data collection and use practices when we see a Do Not Track signal from your browser.
THIRD PARTY LINKS
In accordance with applicable law, you may have the right to:
Access to Personal Information about you that we have collected about you prior to your request. You may request access, updating and corrections of inaccuracies in your personal information in our custody or control by emailing or writing to us at the contact information set out below. We may request certain personal information for the purpose of verifying the identity of the individual seeking access to his or her personal information records.
- Request Correction of your personal information where it is inaccurate or incomplete. In some cases, we may provide self-service tools that enable you to update your personal information
- Request restriction of or object to processing of your personal information, including the right to opt in or opt out of the sale of your Personal Data to third parties, if applicable, where such requests are permitted by law
If you would like to exercise any of these rights, contact us at email@example.com . We will process such requests in accordance with applicable laws. To protect your privacy, we will take steps to verify your identity before fulfilling your request.
If you are a European resident, you have the right to access personal information we hold about you and to ask that your personal information be corrected, updated, or deleted. If you would like to exercise this right, please contact us through the contact information below.
Additionally, if you are a European resident we note that we are processing your information in order to fulfill contracts we might have with you (for example if you make an order through the Site), or otherwise to pursue our legitimate business interests listed above. Additionally, please note that your information will be transferred outside of Europe, including to Canada and the United States.
SAFEGUARDS AND DATA RETENTION
We have implemented reasonable administrative, technical and physical measures in an effort to safeguard the personal information in our custody and control against theft, loss, and unauthorized access, use, modification, and disclosure. We restrict access to personal information on a need-to-know basis to employees and authorized service providers who require access to fulfill their job requirements.
When you place an order through the Site, we will maintain your Order Information as necessary for the purposes set out herein and to meet our legal and regulatory obligations. We have record retention processes designed to retain other personal information for no longer than necessary for the purposes set out herein or as otherwise required to meet legal or business requirements.
For more information about our or our service providers’ privacy practices, if you have questions, or if you would like to make a complaint, please contact our support team by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail using the details provided below:
1313 North Market Street, Suite 5100, Wilmington Delaware 19801, United States